Walk Bike Tampa is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Walk Bike Tampa Seeking Executive Director
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Walk Bike Tampa (WBT), responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Walk Bike Tampa is turning three years old. The first two Executive Directors were among the core founders of WBT and put in about 15 and about 35 hours a week, respectively. For them, this was a labor of love. The Board of Directors recognizes that such dedication is rare. We are interested in hearing from applicants who share our determination to make Tampa safe for bicyclists and pedestrians of all ages and abilities and would like to establish through dialogue with the applicants the exact parameters of the position for the near future.
Following is the current position description.
1) Board Governance: Works with Board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
· Responsible for leading WBT in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of WBT, to include submission to the Board of financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Work with Board treasurer and/or accounting personnel to develop budget and expense forecasting.
· Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within an approved budget; ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
· Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support WBT’s mission and initiatives.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
· Responsible for implementation of WBT programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that WBT can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
· Responsible for the enhancement of WBT’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
· Responsible for effective administration of WBT operations.
· Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff, should this become a financial possibility.
· Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
· A bachelor’s degree
· Transparent and high integrity leadership
· Five or more years senior for-profit or nonprofit management experience
· Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
· Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
· Ability to convey a vision of WBT’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
· Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
· Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong social media skills
· Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
· Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3. Serving as WBT’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
4. Establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance WBT’s Mission.
5. Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to seek its involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and increasing WBT’s overall visibility.
6. Supervising and collaborating with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Overseeing Board and committee meetings.
9. Overseeing marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Reviewing and approving contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
There is no compensation for the time being. Successful expansion of membership rolls and fundraising efforts will lead to compensation in the future.
If you are interested in the position of Executive Director, please consider joining WBT now. Click walkbiketampa.org to join if you are not already a member. Then please submit information about yourself and your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th.
Selection of the new Executive Director will be made by the current Board. The position is available as of July 1, 2018.